Office Machine Services and Sales Solutions
How Can I Find the Best Copier and Printer Repair Service Partner?
And Other Interesting Photocopier Questions
If the recurring repairs of copiers and printers impair your ability to satisfy customers and employees’ requirements, it is time to find a better solution. But how are you supposed to know what to look for? What’s your assurance that someone else can do a great job? A copier and printer service repair technician accredited by the manufacturer, equipped with a pro-active stock of parts, will make all the difference.
Things to consider:
- The Manufacturer. If you have time and resources, this is the right business. You are the direct source because they are one of your copy or printer’s most experienced sources. You should be able to repair your machine trouble or diagnose your machine quickly, locate the things and fix them quickly. But you should be watching for a few things. The manufacturer has often contracted a third party service agency to be responsible over regional territory for all its copying or printer repairs. But if you do not closely track your service results or customer comments, it can easily become an issue. It can be less cost-effective for your company. Also, if you buy a small or a single unit, your company can be considered to be a “small fish,” and you may not get the publicity that you want or expect.
- Local Licensed Dealer. These businesses concentrate primarily on service and support. If they are allowed to work on the generated equipment, they are good to go to. They have excellent relations with the suppliers and typically have a parts warehouse. Their workers are well trained to fix your copier or printing machine quickly so that some people bring a large stock to your benefit. To be an “authorized dealer,” each manufacturer has to fulfill certain conditions, including buying quantities, resources for support, training requirements, quality of service to the customer, etc. You can also make pricing aggressive because they have lower overhead and work at different margins to pass on these advantages. See who all approved distributors are for your specialist equipment. See for your region.
- Copier and Printer Repair Company. These companies usually repair several types of office equipment. They will work easily and are excellent for many basic repairs. They have general knowledge of several different types of equipment much of the time, but are not experts on each equipment. It is important to know. One other thing to take into account is that they have to return to the manufacturer for buying components, which can take longer and cost you more time than other repair or service options. You may opt for service from the company from which you originally purchased it, but it might be a retail store or even third-party company above. Regardless of whether your best bet is to use one of the above options, since this will save you headaches, time and money.
Other little things to consider..
- Keep your copier running well. There should be a little bit of preventive maintenance. Take the time to ensure that you properly operate it, provide it with the correct consumables (press and toner) or even clean it properly every once in a while to ensure that the copier is completely capable of doing its job.
- From whom have you purchased the apparatus? Have they left a sticker on the computer front? Repairing your computer can be as easy as displaying and calling your service workers at your copying or printer service label.
- Have you got an experienced support team? How many technical personnel are on your service team? Are they training? They are trained? Practiced regularly? Are they routinely provided with training updates?
- How do you know about your particular device? Do you regularly serve this copy or printer type? If so, they would possibly stock more of their components, which contributes to faster operation.
- Ask for your average response time. This tells you if you know this and keep track of this amount. It will also show if they have sufficient service technicians in your region. Then ask what your average response time was last year. This provides insights if they concentrate on improving customer service calls or it could be signs of expansion, growth, excessive volume, etc.
- Do-it-yourself repairs (DIY). There are several blogs, videos and content online that address copy or printer repairs. These are recommended not only to repair paper jams, substitute toner cartridges or to provide advice on how to use the computer or its software correctly. You could cancel your guarantee and your machine’s ability to cause more harm.
Are You Looking for Copy Machine Repair Service Near Concord, California?
Office Machine Specialists has been servicing and selling office equipment since 1995. A family run business that has dedicated our efforts to providing the best equipment options and after-sales service to our clients. Our goal is to ask the right questions and guide our customers to make smart decisions about new machine leases and purchases. We were servicing copiers long before the internet was a viable resource, and have transitioned to the digital workflow environment of color printing, scanning, account control and fleet management. With over 20 years in the industry we have extensive experience with many brands and consider OMS to be a valuable resource to any organization. Contact us for all of your copier needs here!